Re: Is that right?

To: maurell@bellsouth.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is that right?
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 08:44:58 EST
Jeff,

Unfortunately that is common with Roadsters.  The reason is the mounting
brackets are not that strong and they shift a bit allowing this.  The top
edge bumper should follow the seam of the front valence in parallel all the
way around the car.  If you grab the end of the bumper and pull up, you can
pull it back into place (unless your mounts are bent) but a bit of driving
will let it shift back to where it is now.  It always annoyed me when I had
a driver (Sigh, that was so long ago :( but I still remember) so I took the
bumper off and mounted a custom fabricated, 1/8" thick spring steel air dam.
  It looked way cool with the race stickers, and I helped out friends by
shaving down the speed bumps where we cruised!  (scared the @#$^% out of me
the first time that it happened!)

Sid