Silvia resurrection

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Silvia resurrection
From: Eric Gustavson <egustavson@ultra.net.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 21:42:44 +1000
Hi,
I've been having fun this week, helping our local met. bureau man Doug
Fraser to replace the axle bearings on his Silvia.  Doug uses his car every
day to drive to the weather office at the Townsville airport, so it is very
important for the North Queensland community that his car always works
(otherwise we wouldn't have any weather ........)

The bearings (they rumbled badly) had never been changed - still had the
original metal grease catchers.  The car also has a U20 5-speed that some
PO installed years ago.  Thanks to Lou Mondello in Melbourne for the parts.

Doug said that a good friend gave him the car as a wedding present - now,
wouldn't we all like a bunch of friends like that!!

regards
Eric in Townsville
(roadster capital of northern Australia, at latitude 19S)