Re: Roadster on Japanese TV

To: JeffVH@aol.com, hoon@pixar.com
Subject: Re: Roadster on Japanese TV
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 16:44:03 EDT
In a message dated 09/03/2000 12:55:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
JeffVH@aol.com writes:

>   anyone notice during the video that the red 67.5 2000 with the black
>  stripes appears to have a coil for each spark plug?   pause your player at
>  58.7 seconds and take a look.. For all the talk of ignition systems I've
> seen
>  on this board, I haven't heard of this way to get a hot spark...

That's actually a pretty common mod in japan for most hi-po cars. There are
kits out there to convert your car to a direct fire ignition system. I'm not
sure exactly how the pre-manufactured kits do it, but you figure you just
gotta find a way to give each coil a signal to fire its cylinder at the right
time (could use the distributor for that)...
Also check out the huge polished catch can situated right next to the coils
in that car's engine bay....!

\/ /\ /\/