Re: fuel pumps

To: "Mike Faggart" <christygm@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: fuel pumps
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:42:12 -0700
It was written, concerning fuel pumps:
> There was also a spacer in between the engine and the fuel pump..

Yes, that belongs there. I imagine leaving it off will shift the wear spot
on the pump arm, probably won't pump right and could possibly
hurt the jackshaft as well. You should _not_ have leftover parts
after engine (or any) work :-)

> Are the flow rates the same for the 1600 and 2000?

No, the 2000 pumps more. You run the risk of fuel starvation at high
speed. Low fuel = lean mixture = burned pistons.

-- John
       "still looking for a nice stock 4 door A/T 510"