5.60 - 14 tires

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 5.60 - 14 tires
From: bob_wilson@agilent.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:49:07 -0600
HI list,
The stock tire that is listed on the original spec sheet for the roadsters
is 5.60 - 14.

Does anyone know what the final tire outside diameter was?  Some have said
that when the aspect ratio is not given (the 2nd number in the 3 number
designation) that you are to assume 80% (or 78%).  Using this results in an
outside diameter of the wheel/tire of around 23".

Yet people on the list have discussed wheel/tire combos that result in more
than 24" outside diameter.

I can't seem to find any description of this old numbering scheme (x.xx - yy
versus the new scheme xxx/yy - zz).

Bob Wilson