Mechanical Fuel Pumps

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mechanical Fuel Pumps
From: Steve Allen <dumpdude@pon.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 16:57:59 -0700
Hello List, one of the list lurkers here. I have been working on the '66
1600 I recently acquired. She is in need of a lot of work but then is no
big deal. I had it running the following day after I brought it home.
Flushed out the cooling system and replaced the radiator, thermostat,
and water pump. Any way my question is, how can you tell a rebuildable
mechanical fuel pump from a non-rebuildable. I have a sneaky suspicion
it has something to do with the way the bottom diaphragm is attached to
the pumping mechanism. Mine looks like a non-rebuildable if that is the
case. I have an electric in my 67.5 but want to stay with a mechanical
on the '66. Looks like I will have to get one from one of our vendors.
Thanks.

--
Steve Allen                  707-795-3663
E-Mail:dumpdude@pon.net