R16 S.U. needles and rev limiter

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: R16 S.U. needles and rev limiter
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:36:15 EDT
Hello all,

    Been driving around with the ADQ needles and decided it was time to do a
couple of red line acceleration runs. The car pulled great till 4500 then
just ran out of power. Tried first, second, and third, same thing, 4500 was
the end of the rope. Then I remembered that I could not remember the last
time I changed the points. It was a lot of trips to Shasta ago. Out comes the
distributor, in goes new points, condenser, cap and rotor. Amazing, to the
red line and beyond.
    At this time I am pretty well convinced that the ADQ needle is the hot
ticket for the R16. It is a tad richer at idle than I like but it works
better than anything from Nissan. This weekend I think I'll take it down for
an unofficial smog test and see what happens. Being a '66 it does not need
tested for registration but I should be able to get a "pre-test".

                                                      keith williams