handling and battery placement

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: handling and battery placement
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 01:29:57 EDT
Many of you may know that Victor talked me into buying Harry's 68 solex 2000
earlier this year.  It had the battery in the trunk, leaving no room for even
a toothbrush.

So last weekend I finally put the battery back where God meant it to be.  Boy
was I surprised at how heavy the steering became.  (The battery is oversized
and could probably run an Excursion.)

I don't want to put it back, nor do I want to use a motorcycle battery as
some of us have done, but I am searching for a much lighter battery and have
E-mailed the usual suspects for info on light special application batteries.
I'll let the list know how it works out.

Gary C

1966 1600
1968 2000 solex