greetings w/ ? from new subscriber

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: greetings w/ ? from new subscriber
From: "eugene kay" <pkaccess@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 20:24:29 GMT
Hello,
I own a couple of SRL-311's and enjoy them even though they don't run.
I have a concern though because on my '69 car the hand throttle sleeve &
cable are cut back behind the firewall well inside the car. So,it seems,
even looking back in the archives of emails, no-one has discussed the
replacement and restoration of the sleeve along w/ the cable on their car.
I'd like to repair my original if possible or get a used one if avail.. I
understand that the vinyl sleeve over the cable has to be at least long
enough to reach the bracket on the outside of the firewall to secure the
cable. Is it possible to replace the black sleeve from the original metal
knob housing which has been pressed over the sleeve by the factory?

Thx,

Eugene