OT / Off Topic Calspeed needs advise

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT / Off Topic Calspeed needs advise
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 21:16:13 EDT
Hello,

I am sorry to bombard the list so please if you will respond off the List.

My wife ordered some baby stuff off of the internet and it nows appears that
our credit card number was intercepted by someone.  So far we have "ordered"
jewelry, computers, cameras.... etc.

I cancelled the card on Friday and most of these orders were made on Friday.
It appears that they are having these shipments delivered to my house via
UPS.  My guess is that they will have a lookout waiting for the UPS driver
and then if I am not home they will follow the driver around the block and
present the UPS tag and pretend to be Mary.  If I am home and I refuse
shipment then the criminals lose nothing.

I know that there is retaliation and other ways of getting back at these
vermin but that is not my concern at this time.  Believe me when I say that I
have a few firehouse buddies at the ready if I wanted them to wait with me
for the driver to appear.  No... I have a baby girl and a wife and I would
not put myself in that situation.

I would like to know if there is anyone out there that can give me solid
advise besides calling the credit card company to cancel the card.  Would
this affect any of my other CC accounts?  This card was actually under Marys
maiden name.

I have already spoken to the CC representative and they advised me that those
purchases would not be charged against us.  Although we do need to fill out
specific documents.

Thanks List!

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
BADROC