On the road again

To: 9laser3@bright.net, Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: On the road again
From: Jaykp@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 21:23:37 EDT
All,

SPL311-22025 is out of the garage and on the road again. It has a re-built
head, re-built calipers and a new water pump. It's been almost three months
since she's seen the pavement. Repairs seem to take so much longer for us
novice mechanics. I put the water pump in 4 times:

1) Wrong water pump.
2) Completely installed but leaking.
3) Filed the face of the spacer block flat, re-installed, but it still leaked
a bit on the top. Decided to tighten the daylights out of the bolt, and SNAP!
Sheared it off in the block.
4) Pulled it again. Luckily the remains of the bolt came out easily.
Re-installed with a new bolt, and it runs great with no leaks.

I put about 75 miles on it today in the 95 degree sun, and the temperature
guage never went above half way.

I would like to thank Phill Hall, Ben Zech, John Brasfield and Les @ CDM for
all of their assistance.

If all goes as planned, I'll be in Huntsville, Alabama next Saturday night at
Phil Hall's house eating burgers with several roadsters in sight. Phil told
me that his wife forbade him from working on his roadster until he builds a
shop behind his new house. So, we might have to get several SEROCers together
for a "barn raising" in Huntsville next week.

Jay
Nashville
'68 SPL
SEROC