Re: NOWROC Columbia Gorge Cruise

To: <jon_wissler@pngc.com>, Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Subject: Re: NOWROC Columbia Gorge Cruise
From: Mike Patterson <mpatterson@cyberdude.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 10:49:04 -0700
on 8/1/00 9:00 AM, jon_wissler@pngc.com at jon_wissler@pngc.com wrote:

> It worked out pretty well, although it was very hot, and two of the
> primary stops (Multmomah and Horsetail Falls) were so crowded we had to
> just keep moving.  Here is my unofficial attendance list:
>
> Jon Wissler                     69 2000
> Eric Wittinger                  66 1600
> Mike & Cindy Patterson          69 2000
> Daniel & Shauna Beatty          65 1600
> Kim & Beav Smith                68 2000
> Dan & Susan Garrison            68 2000
> Craig & Thanh Ferguson  69 2000
> Rob Pynnes                      69 2000 RHD
> Tim & Donna Scott               69 2000 RHD
> Pat Patterson                   65 1500
> Jon Prince                      70 1600
> Marc & Carole Sayer             ?? 280ZXT
>

> I think I got most of the years and models correct, but I may have fudged
> a couple of them.  Thanks to all for showing up and participating.  I felt
> like a king leading the caravan from stop to stop, and really enjoyed all
> the stares and comments we got throughout the course of the day.  My
> apologies for the congestion and confusion at the end, I didn't think
> about Multnomah and Horsetail being so crowded on a Sunday afternoon.
> Thanks again for your patience and courtesy.  We'll have to make one last
> charge someplace before the weather turns on us.

Thanks for a great time. My first rally with the club (20 year owner).
Things started heating up during the 15 minute crawl getting past Multnomah
Falls in 95 degree weather. We stopped off at Rooster Rock State Park to dip
our feet in the Columbia River and let things cool off. Back on the road
only to come to another screeching halt behind a 3 car pile up (new car -
paper plates - totaled!).

We were "forced" to pull over again at McMinneman's Edgefield in Troutdale
where they were having a Jerry Garcia birthday party.

Now that was a perfect day!

Mike Patterson
'69 2000