Re: roadster wanted, let's help.

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: roadster wanted, let's help.
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:24:10 PDT
Laurie et. al,

While I agree that helping someone find a roadster is a great thing, I just
wanted to let Mr. Mikes know that when you ask for help, you generally do so
with the knowledge that you are asking- which implies that you do so with
politeness. Especially if you are asking in an environment where you have
never been before.

When we asked about where he lived or what kind of car he wanted, the
repsonse was, "You don't need to know that, just tell me what you have and I
will make you an offer, then I will leave the list". It's insulting. No one
like to be insulted, especially the people on this list that do want to help
Mr. Mikes find a car. Common courtesy is required when you are asking for
help because no one is obligated to help Mr. Mikes do anything.

Other people on the list have asked for the same help that Mr. Mikes has,
and I have helped them because they love the cars. They asked questions and
I answered them as I could and sought help from others when I couldn't. This
is a discussion forum. We talk about the cars here. If he wants to buy a
car, then he should go to a vendor site or other car listing service.

If he wants to talk about the cars or ask questions, he can do so here.
Obviously he doesn't and that is why most members have reacted cooly towards
him. If I were to ask the same question to the list that he did, I would
request that the repsonses come off line. A deal between two people should
be just that- between the two of them. Not on the list.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex
70 2000
SoCalROC