Electrical Mystery

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical Mystery
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:32:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,Folks.
Somthing strange happened this morning. My 66 has been running fine and
with no electrical problems. Sarts right up, then out of the blue, the
Car starts running like crap, all perfomance gone, sputtering, missing,
backfiring etc. My ammeter at the same time went into a full (hard
right) Charge.
The only thing unusual I noticed prior was the ammeter was fogged a bit
when I got into the car. (sometimes when it is damp in the AM it will
do that on the gauges) When the meter pegged hard it fogged up more. I
got it back home and at idle the meter read normal. any rpm over 2000
produced the hard right charge. I went out a bit later, started it and
same thing minus the fogged gauge. I shut it off and felt the
alternator, It was hotter than the valve cover. Weird! I have no Idea
what is going on any Ideas????

Thanks,
Roman Rist

http://mail.yahoo.com/