washers

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: washers
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:55:43 -0700
Kyle, before you bolt the head back up,
Check the length of all your head bolts.  One MAY be 5 mm or so longer,
to allow for an engine lifting hook to be attached to it.  If you don't
use the hook, or put the longer bolt into a different hole, it can
bottom out and not clamp the head properly.
One more thing to look for,
Toby

Kyle worried that
 another head bolt had
TWO flat washers.  Do our vendors have these washers?

Incidentally, on the subject of washers, I've noted that many of
the bolts on my engine (and elsewhere, perhaps) have TWO washers
stacked on top of each other.  PO's, huh?