Throwing down the gauntlet

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Throwing down the gauntlet
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:21:51 PDT
Hi folks,

As many of you know, I am in the process of getting the parts together for
restoring my 67 2000 Solex car. So far, I have done pretty well. I have the
license trim ring, pretty good chrome fixtures to redo, a new in-the-bag
engine harness, a 7 qt. aluminum oil pan (well, it is set aside for me,
still gotta pay for it) as well as my red interior kit on order.

One thing I have wanted is an original solex air cleaner. The air cleaner I
have is nice, but I would like to get an original style without any of the
round holes for my car.

Some of you may have seen the solex/original air cleaner set up on ebay. The
guy tried twice to sell the whole thing, but it never got above reserve
price.

Well, as Sherlock Holmes would say "The game is afoot". The guy sold the
Carbs and is now offering just the air cleaner. I have bid on it and am high
bidder now although I have not met the reserve price. I am sure I will get
some spirited competition from the other solex owners out there. If you are
on the list, I propose we are fair in the bidding and not "snipe" the part
at the last second.

Once the bidding starts to get up there, I will let anyone know when I am
going to bow out and I hope you will do the same for me. I know those of us
who have Solexes would love to have this part.

Let the best person win!

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex
70 2000