Changing out the cam-followers and timing chains.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Changing out the cam-followers and timing chains.
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Okay since my cam is starting to show wear on a couple of lobes
I know that they will start to wear the followers.  Since I plan on changing
both out for new/reground it probably okay to run it like this for a while?
        I will need timing chains soon.  I hoping to be able to shim my
chains and run the car through the summer and then change the cam-chains
toghether..is this a reasonable idea??
        You see the problem is is that I jsut don't have the cash to do it
right now and we are coming up on the nicest driving season....I would
ideally like to put it off till the weather turns cruddy again.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA