Re: D-Day

To: robinkrause@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: D-Day
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 13:30:45 PDT
To all.

I am a 30-something guy (OK 36) and I am well aware of D-day. I think that
our country's history is such that you have to have an interest in it to
know about some dates.

How many people out there know what the term 54-40 or fight! means? At one
time it was one of the most recognized slogans in this country, but now, not
one person in a hundred could indentify it.

Being proud of our history and the events that shaped it are a good thing. I
served in the armed forces and I recognize the sacrifices of those who gave
their lives on D-Day and other battles.

I agree with Robin. It's not the age that matters, it is the desire to know
what has happened in our country's past. Those that forget history are
doomed to repeat it.

Andrew Murphy