Clutch..first times a charm

To: Datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch..first times a charm
From: laurahoey@myself.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 09:26:36 -0400 (EDT)
List~

Never having owned a car that I felt comfortable working on I haven't gained a
lot of mechanical experience over the years. So when the time came to replace
my clutch hydraulics I was a little hesitent. I read some of the archives and
got even more nervous..if these guys were having problems...! A list member
gave me the encouragement and off I went.

I'm proud to say it went off without a hitch! Not to say it was the quickest
job, about 3 hours to replace the clutch master, slave cylinder and hose but I
can say with confidence it will go much faster next time. The funny thing is
that it wasn't until *after* I had done most of the work that I found out about
certain special wrenches that I was supposed to be working with...I guess
sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Now...what's the best product to keep/get my hands clean!!

~Laura Hoey
 '70 2000