1600 Distrbutor Cap?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1600 Distrbutor Cap?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 15:59:35 -0400
  Okay, today was supposed to be "new ignition parts in the roadster" day.
Instead it started out much too cold and rainy.  Finally this afternoon the
sun broke out and I got started.  Blue Thunder ignition wires should be much
better than the generic set they replaced!  But when I pulled the
distributor cap I noticed that the contacts were burnt.  So I started
digging through the parts drawer and found a Nissan cap I bought several
years back and never installed.  And of course, it doesn't fit!
#22162-05M02 is what the label calls it.  My book calls for a 22162-71300?
  My guess is that I have a brand new 510 cap to go with the 510 decal Bill
sent me that will have to wait a few more years until I actually own a 510!
What number should I be using?
  I know my 1600 is titled as a 1969, the serial number says it is a 1969,
and the trim, bumpers and side markers all say 1969, but I still believe it
is really an accumulation of several cars.  The motor is a 5 main bearing
and the head has plugged smog ports.  Could I have a different distributor
than stock in this beast?  Without pulling up another 1600, how can I tell?

Bewildered in Ohio,

Paul
OROC