Re: blowing up garages - OT

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: blowing up garages - OT
From: Mark van der Hoek <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 08:58:29 -0600
Joe wrote:

<< In the morning, I walked out the garage and couldn't figure
out what the smell was. Odd odor as it was familiar, but couldn't
place it. Made my coffee and suddenly realized "OH, SHOOT!".
Went back out the garage, released the garage door latch to
disengage from the door opener. Slowly lifted the door, and
then checked the regulators. Yep, I had forgot to turn the
bottle valves OFF!  Not good, and a horrible lapse in judgment.

>Tom,

>Glad you didn't blow your self up!

>You might want to mention WHY you didn't
>just use the garage door opener, for
>those that don't know that they can produce
>a SPARK, which would have blown the place up.

Maybe we should start calling Tom by a new name.  How about "Boom
Boom Walters"?  <grin>  No, wait.  Isn't that already taken by our
Aussie friend, the one who uses 'petrol' to blow up insects?  Or do we
just call him "The exTerminator"?

You guys keep this up and Datun owners could become as rare as a
67.5!!

BTW, I made the trip from Houston to SLC without incident.  My 94
Nissan PU (2.4L, 5 speed) did just fine going over the Rockies with
its load. (at 75!) But the throwout bearing is now howling when I
shift gears.  <sigh>  There is ample evidence that the PO was an
idiot, so I wouldn't be surprised if he rode the clutch pedal.  I
shouldn't need a throwout bearing at 62K miles on a Nissan.  My last
Datsun PU ('82) went 153k with nothing changed but tires and oil.  Got
totaled in  a rear ender, so who knows how long it would have run.

Mark van der Hoek
Salt Lake City