Rain, tarps and Roadsters

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rain, tarps and Roadsters
From: "Riedel, Dave" <RiedelD@pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:41:31 -0700
Sadly, I've moved from a house with a huge 2-car garage to a house
with no garage.

The top for my 2000 is a little thrashed (mostly just the windows), so
I usually don't have it on the car at all.  Lately, at night and on rainy
days, I've been throwing a tarp over the car.  The tarp is too big, so
I'm planning to buy a smaller one to make covering things up a
little quicker and easier.

My question is:  should I get something large enough to pretty much
cover front to back, or should I just use a small tarp to cover the
interior?  I seem to recall something about letting the body dry naturally
rather than get damp and stay that way under the tarp longer than
necessary...  So, would it be better to leave the hood and the trunk
exposed?

Part II of this saga is:  Anyone have any good ideas for carport or small
garage designs for my backyard?

Cheers,
Dave Riedel
Victoria, BC, Canada