Re: Hot fuse???

To: "Ken Pearce" <kpearce@washington.engr.ukans.edu>,
Subject: Re: Hot fuse???
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 99 09:26:38 -0500
>My fuse for the headlights (second from the top) on my 68-2000 gets hot
>enough to burn my finger.  I'm going to try disassembling the fuse box
>tomorrow and cleaning it.  Any other things to look for?
I had an identical problem in my 70 1600. I cleaned the fuse block and
all contacts in the headlight circuit(at least that I could find) but the
problem persisted. I ended up by-passing the headlight circuit in the
fuse block with an in-line fuse holder. Seems to be working so far, 10
months and one cross-country trip in the rain later.
Regards,
Marc T.

Marc Tyler
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016