Thanks to Jeff S. in Vancouver!

To: "'Roadster Group'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks to Jeff S. in Vancouver!
From: Paul Strassmaier <PaulS@dowa.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:41:37 -0700
I had a rather miserable weekend take a turn for the good last night.  I
laid around waiting for surgery realizing I was missing the Shasta weekend.
Not only was my car not making it, I wasn't even making it.  Anyway, pretty
depressing to say the least.  Not only that, but I will be laid up for the
next 3 to 4 weeks, and won't even be able to work on the car.

Jeff Strappazon called about 4:00 to report back on Shasta, and after
talking decided to come (keep in mind he had just driven from Shasta up to
Vancouver) back down to Portland and give it a try.

Well, low an behold, after priming the carbs, turning the distributor shaft
180 degrees (Jeff had that problem before, where it was firing on the intake
stroke), adjusting the valves, and crossing our fingers...  After sitting
almost 20 years.....

It fired up and ran.

I have some things to deal with (looks like I didn't get the rope seal very
good), but there is much hope for late summer driving!

Thanks Jeff!

Paul Strassmaier
67 2000