Re: Stereo install and Shasta

To: kyle@sonic.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stereo install and Shasta
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:17:25 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/99 8:36:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, kyle@sonic.net
writes:

<< Question is this - the component package includes crossovers
 that don't easily lend themselves to an installation of this
 type - they're designed for having both drivers driven off the
 same input.  So, to get separate power to the woofs and tweets,
 I'd either have to open up the crossovers and get creative, OR,
 feed the woofs full-range sound.  Does anyone have experience
 with either of these options?  My thoughts are that the woof
 might work well with full-range sound, even though they're
 one-way drivers; then again, high frequencies sent to a bass
 driver might cause distortion...>>

Oooh, you definitely do not want to separate the woofer and tweeter like
that! If you're intent on placing the woofer in back, put the tweeter back
there too.
You also don't want to send a full-range signal to either the woofer or
tweeter because they're not designed for that...coaxials would be perfect for
such a situation. I think you should just go for gusto and mount the woofers
in the doors. It'll take you a good hour or two to cut a hole large enough in
the door.

<< And Shasta - what if a guy wanted to take a day trip up there
 just to see the haps?  What'd be a good day and time to do so? >>

Saturday!!

Van
- http://members.xoom.com/BADROC