Re: Weber Article in July/August GRM

To: ":" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber Article in July/August GRM
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 11:13:12 -0700
Julian Serles wrote:

> Ron,
>
>         I saw that article.  I'm not familiar enough with Webers to rate
> it, but the author did have a big bias against SUs, enough to allow some
> big errors into his text (the bit about no accelerator pump action, an how
> two SUs are so inferior to dual Webers).  I wrote GRM to mention this and

Well technically the SU do not have an accelerator pump. They use the
damper to enrich the mixture on sudden throttle opening by slowing the
piston rise and thereby increasing the vacuum signal at the main jet
temporarily, but there is no pump of any kind. The two methods do offer
totally different driving characteristics. I haven't read the GRM
article and I don't know who wrote it BTW.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher