1500 Fairladies

Subject: 1500 Fairladies
From: "Arlo J. Levisen" <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 11:41:30 +0300
Gary:

I think I have seen 3,148 PLUS 300 single carb cars.  But, I need to
double check my books.

You have highlighted something I have never quite understood.

If you car is #289B and my cars are #84 and #2015 with no letter and his
car is #6D - does that then mean there were three (3) separate and
distinct numbered series?  Is there a #6 B as well as a #6 D - and then
a #6 with no letter?

I then went outside and looked at my car again.  It is an 85 hp with a
black engine block - which tells me that it was never a single carb car.
Does it also tell me that it can not be a 1962 car?

I have also never been totally clear if there ever were any two-pot '62
cars - and I accept that memories can dim and stories can be a bit
distorted over time.  "Now, did the crazy fool go to Santa Monica in '62
or was it '65?"

Thanks,

Arlo