Re: Driving cross-country...hints/tips?

To: DemonTSi@aol.com
Subject: Re: Driving cross-country...hints/tips?
From: Edward Wilsey <erwilsey@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:40:02 -0700
Hi!

I've made the trip more times then I care to remember.  After the sixth, I
started taking different routes just to see something new.

First, have your friend join AAA,
Second, have AAA do a trip ticket up for them.
Three, have them see things on the way (the drive gets old)
Definitely detour (if on route I-40) to the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Meteor
Crater, Petrified Forest,  I think they can swing by Vegas as well.

AAA will give a flip trip ticket (handy hand map with enlarged foldout) plus,
when asked, they will give them tour books (with lots of info for eating,
sleeping, and sight seeing) for the states they pass through.  An added benefit
is AAA usually has information on road conditions when mapping out the route.
If
your friend wants to detour to see different things on the way, the should tell
AAA and ask for the route for that.

I have been doing this since 1982 and I always use AAA.

Now, if I am doing a round trip, I usually just fly.  Getting old I guess. : - o

Tell them to have fun.

Good Luck!

Jim
'70 1600 (DOA in Phoenix)