Re: Eureka!! (was "Headlights Help")

To: toby@wolfenet.com
Subject: Re: Eureka!! (was "Headlights Help")
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 21:56:50 -1000
Toby:

Thanks much for your response. You are responsible for me ending my
quest for that apparent, phantom, "Passing Light Relay", shown on my
wiring diagram.  Thank you also, "Ron and Julie Edgar". The wiring
diagram I use is in the Clymer "Datsun Sports Car Manual", perporting to
be for SPL-311(U), and SRL-311(U)--later models.  Does show a 6-fuse
block, and is more up to date than my original, "green book" service
manual purchased shortly after the car, late '60's.

Anyhow, I had refurbished the "head lamp" relay cleaning all contacts
(lugs and spades) and "pounding" one of the riveted lug contacts to
achieve 0 ohm resistance.  That, overhauling the switch, and cleaning
corrosion for the headlight fuse got me high beams--finally.

So, I guess the next logical step is to check the connectors to the
headlamps, themselves.

Again, thanks for steering me in the right direction.  (and Big Island
drivers will, as well, since I do have pretty bright halogens for my
high beams).

Aloha,

Dave
'68 1600