Re: 1600 fuel injection

To: <DrYenko@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: 1600 fuel injection
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 14:33:19 -0500
>Inquiring as to whether anyone has adapted a newer 1600 cc car F I system to
>a 1600 roadster engine, with a factory computer and O2 sensor.Manifold
>fabrication not a problem if necessary.Suggestions??Bob C,in Mesa , Az.

Bob,

There's an outfit, TWM (I think), that advertises in Grassroots
Motorsports that offers injector body replacements for both SU's and
Weber style carbs. They use the original manifolds, AFAIK. Gary Savage
runs the Weber version on the L-22 in his street/track 510. He's using
the complete Electromotive engine management system along with their
crankfire ignition. I think Haltech also offers a programable EMS and Jim
Wolf offers reprogramed Nissan EMS computers.

I guess Gary has around $4k in his setup, but it has been bulletproof.
Bill Kenyon built a KA24 powered roadster recently and has also done a
very nice KA24 powered 510 with his son, Mike. I'll copy this to him,
too, for suggestions about adapting later Nissan systems.

HTH, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)