Re: Libre wheels offsets

To: stevair@webtv.net, datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Libre wheels offsets
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 13:11:50 EDT
In a message dated 18-05-99 0:06:44 AM EST, stevair@webtv.net writes:

<< Found a set of restored or very nice original American Racing Libre
 14x5.5 with 4x4.5 hole pattern. On the back, cast into the wheel in thin
 lettering was "american trans am". Cost for 4 with center caps is $290.
  Question: what is the backspacing to fit the roadster- or did all of
 these wheels have the same offset?    >>

Hello,

You lucky guy!  They should fit fine.  That is what I am running on my 2L.
On the back of my wheels I found the words "Shelby".  On the back of each of
the four fat spokes was a ribbing that lokks like it was made for extra
reinforcment.  I have seen some wheels without the "ribbing."

Michael Carion