Re: Just boought a 69 1600

To: kochm@sequent.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Just boought a 69 1600
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 13:38:36 EDT
In a message dated 14-05-99 12:05:27 PM EST, kochm@sequent.com writes:

<< 1.  I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much a good
hardtop
 would cost.

 2.  I am looking for recommendations on engine upgrades.  Right now the car
 has the original engine (64,000, never rebuilt, beautiful as the car itself),
 but I would like to temporarily replace it with, say, a nicely built L20B >>

Hello,

Congratulations on the new Roadster.  hartops are not that difficult to find.
 The problem is getting them to you if you dont live in Roadster friendly
California.  Prices do vary between $100 to ???.  I was able to find a low
'shield with hardware for $100.00.

Engine replacement?  An L20?  Only 64,000 miles on the 1600?  Sounds to me
like you should stay with the original motor.  Rebuild it and re-install it.
To have to try and install an L20 would just add to the time spent on working
on the car.  The L20 is also taller so you would have to make special
accomodations in the engine bay which may include cutting some of the
"beautiful" cars metal.  But if you are set on doing such you will find the
infomation on this list helpful.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
19<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/CalSpeed/datsuncalendar.html";>99 Classic
Datsun Calendar  http://members.aol.com/calspeed/datsuncalendar.html