Fwd: our roadster an MGB copy?!!

To: datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: our roadster an MGB copy?!!
From: stevair@webtv.net (steven wren)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 16:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
--WebTV-Mail-1140825532-3664

From: stevair@webtv.net (steven wren)
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 21:57:39 -0700 (PDT)
To: datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: our roadster an MGB copy?!!

Anyone seen the periodical "Sports Car Market"? I subscribe, it's Great,
really.
=A0 But,,, in a column called "Ask Mr. Kerb" someone asks the value of a
1600 Fairlady SPL-311 roadster.
I think you see where this story is going.. Mr. Kerb sees this as a
right hand Japanese car that "...were really copies of the English MGB.
Hamstrung by their ungainly appearance, they were sturdy and had decent
performance and handling. But if they were a blind date, we might say
they weren't pretty but had a nice personality..."
=A0Ooooo. this got my undies bunched up-
I intend to set the confused Mr. Kerb straight, but don't remember the
facts of when the SRL was introduced, was it 2 months before the MGB at
what auto show?
=A0 Also will mention the 200? + championships Nissan has acheived vs.
HOW
many for Brtish Leyland?
=A0 anyone care to refresh my memory so I can send off a proper response
to MISTER KERB?
Steve Wren

--WebTV-Mail-1140825532-3664--