Sharp manuals, and "other things"

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Sharp manuals, and "other things"
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Wed, 5 May 99 15:58:36 CDT
Sorry about the delay in getting back to everyone:

I had gotten about a dozen request for the Bob Sharp 2000
Manual. I have yet to find where I put my old copy of it.
Darn.

I also mentioned a couple of other items that I have made
in the past:

OIL PRIMER RODS - very simple rod, one end fits the oil pump
                  other end an electric drill. Spin the pump
                  to build up pressure before cranking the
                  engine over.

Air Injection Plugs - for the U20 smog engine. These plugs are
                  the correct 14mm x 1.5mm thread. Stepped end
                  to correct seal, and prevent the dreaded
                  "bird chirp" sound.  Personally I have not
                  fitted them to the R16, but a few people bought
                  them for that reason.

Drill out aid -- A simple 5" long piece of aluminum. 1" x 1/2"
                  with a 1/8" drill bushing in one end, and a
                  8mm slot in the rest of the body. Allows you
                  to accurately start a drill into a broken off
                  bolt/stud. [In development... i.e. a friend
                  saw mine, and said "neat, can you make me one?"

Battery Hold Down -- simple aluminum bracket on a few Texas
                  roadsters to act as a battery hold down.
                  Only works with FLAT TOP (no raised area)
                  sealed batteries.

On all the above items, I have usually charged $15.00 in the
past. The Battery Hold Down, Drill Out Aid, Primer rods really
would look better if I had them anodized. That would add an
extra few dollars, but be worth it.

For the time being: I have NOTHING in stock at the moment.
It will probably be JULY before I even have the time to get
into the garage to make anything.

As a few folks now, I mainly make these up as a fund raiser
for the American Cancer Society.

If you are after something, just drop me an email.  No need
to send money now, as I'll just forget what you wanted. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter
walter@roadster.sps.mot.com

P.S. One of our neighbors daughter did a fun raiser for the
American Cancer Society a few weeks back. Cool as I had already
collected $115 for them, so I handed the check over to her. Boy
was she happy! (Since the check is sent to me, and I can use
it for whatever I want... the check I write out is matched by
my employeer for matching funds! Not a bad deal).