Re: buying a car long distance

To: horne@cs.utexas.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: buying a car long distance
From: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 10:28:06 PST
Pat,

I'd guess that Dean (@ fairlady products) can probably give you a
suggestion on where to get the top done. Dean is located fairly close to
Simi Valley.

Other suggestions....Classic Datsun is about a two & 1/2 hour drive from
simi valley. Les & Dennis can probably install a new top for you.
Definately worth visiting Les' Shop.

Heck, some might rather visit the Classic Datsun Shop, over a trip to
disneyland!

Dan Zubkoff
San MAteo, CA
1965 SPL310
1966 SPL311

>Well, my father looked the car over in Simi Valley and we decided that
it
>is worth what we agreed on.  Now we need to take care of the $$$.
>
>The seller wants $2000 now, then he sends me the title, after which I
send him
>the remaining $1750.  He will be storing the car for me until I can get
out
>there in about 6 weeks.  Does this sound like a good way to transact
the sale,
>or is there something better.
>
>He also says that I can send Cashier's check, Money order, or personal
check.
>For my protection is one any better than another?  Another thought that
I had
>was that since he owns a body shop he may be able to take plastic.
Would
>that be better?
>
>When I get out there and pick up the car I will need to have a
convertable top
>installed on it.  I will bring out my frame, but I don't know of a shop
that
>I trust that knows Roadsters.  Any pointers?  The car is in Simi
Valley, and