early 1967 model SPL311 for sale

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: early 1967 model SPL311 for sale
From: "Johnny R. Hopper" <jhopper@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 00:10:19 PST
I have an early model, short windshield, 1967 Datsun, 1600, SPL311 Roadster
for sale.

I'm sure this is a familiar story.....I had all intentions of rebuilding it
but working 16-18 hours a day just don't leave time for many fun things.  I
have done some work on it, have a bunch of new stuff for it, and lots of
work has been done on it not long before it was parked a couple of years
ago.  I have lots of papers to back up the work and all the new stuff I have
done.  It has new carpets(not yet installed), new tires on original rims(no
miles yet).  Almost new soft top and new car cover still in unopened box.
Original seats have been completely rebuilt and recovered in very high grade
black naugahide.  Dash assembly is complete and looks nice but does have a
crack in it. The rear brakes have been finished and the front ones have been
started(new pads but not yet installed). Probably should have caliper
pistons rebuilt or at least new dust covers.  New shocks are already
installed.  The car has a new battery and it cranks and seems to run nicely.
I believe the starter has either been rebuilt or is new.  Engine has fairly
recent overhaul along with transmission, front end, carbs, and several other
things.  I have had the radiator totaly rebuilt and beefed up so it should
not ever overheat as I hear some of them did.  New thermostat, new heater
core, and a bunch of other stuff I am sure I am forgetting.  It has an
original Datsun shop manual and carb balancing tool.  This car is highly
restorable and could be in drivable condition very quickly for someone with
some time or money.  The bumpers have been removed for re chroming but I
have not gotten around to getting them done yet.  All parts, nuts, bolts and
screws are bagged and tagged so as not to get lost.  As far as I know there
are no parts missing from this car.  It is all there.  It also has current
registration.

It is probably worth a lot more to part it out but I would rather sell it
whole to someone who would like to finish it up. I bellieve the car to be
original and not altered in any way except for a beefier radiator. It has
been garaged for years and in my garage now but does have some rust in the
rear fender wells. It possibly came from Ohio when it was new but has been
in California for many many years.  I got it from the original owner.  I
will consider parting it out if the deal seems right.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I can give you more
information.

Thanks to anyone who might have interest or any advice on trying to sell it
whole or parting it out would also be appreciated.

Johnny Hopper
San Jose, CA