Hard core question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Hard core question
From: bill/liz wessel <bwessel@itis.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:09:51 -0500
Dear guys,

In the quest to further develop my G Prod R-16, I'm looking to find if
anyone knows of any uncut, unground, i.e., billet R-16 cam cores.

See, the problem with a re-grind for a race cam is that you lose so much
base circle you don't get an optimum lobe profile, without welding and heat
treating, to the tune of ~$400 (recent quote from Malvern).

My quess is that cam cores if they ever did exist, were junked or sold for
scrap long ago. But I could be wrong.

Surprise me, someone...;-)

Bill Wessel
Madison, WI