Re: FS: 5 speed tranny in Texas

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FS: 5 speed tranny in Texas
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:24:12 -0800
At 11:55 AM 1/15/99 PST8PDT, John F Sandhoff wrote:
>I'm posting this for a fellow in Texas that I exchanged messages with -
>I do not know him personally. He didn't know about the group, so I
>offered to pass this on. Please respond directly to him.
>
>He has for sale a Roadster 5 speed transmission (FS5C71A, which appears
>to be the expected number). He's had it stored away since 1980. He claims
>it's a solid unit, and is offering a 30 day money back guarantee to back
>it up. I don't think the clutch arm is included, but you'd have to check.
>He can deliver in the Dallas/Ft Worth area; talk with him to work
>out shipping to elsewhere (it's maybe 75 pounds?). His price is $400.
>He's Tom Harriss, 903-758-7894, atharriss@juno.com.

FWIW, I looked at the picture of it on e-bay and both the input shaft and
shift linkage looked very rusty, in spite of the fact that he said it was
in his storage unit. Not saying it's good or bad, and I'm CERTAINLY not
criticizing John for helping out. I'm just reporting what I saw.
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org