'68 200 for auction SF, CA

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '68 200 for auction SF, CA
From: shifty <shifty@well.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 15:48:16 -0800
I took a quick look at the car.

Basically it's someone's unfinished restoration project that got donated
to Goodwill at Mission and Van Ness. Goes up for auction this weekend (I
think), Jan 9 at 12 noon. Bid starts at $610. I'd bring cash and a way to
get it home. (If you need a hand let me know!)

Call Oscar at Goodwill 602-0898 for more info.

Early '68, no sidemarkers, red paint (not roadster color) not bad
overall, really bad bondo job around the gas filler.

Good bumpers.

No chrome grille (has black insert). 2000 badges.

Seats are low window style, non-original recover job done in very
interesting, diamond pattern (much like early 240Z tranny hump covering).
Seats are very nice.

No carpets, no door panels, think the console was still there.

Top may be new, but is not latched, and they've taped a sheet of plastic
to the windshield.

Dash is there, could be some cracks.

SRL 01321, engine # 420 (seems odd), but numbers match plate to engine (I
forgot to look at the frame and on the dash.)

Don't know if it's running, is missing air cleaner, so let's hope they
didn't run it too much.

Has SU carbs, engine looks pretty good.

If no one on our little list is interested, I'll send this to the big
roadster list.

Man, if I had somewhere to put this, I'd buy it just for parts - but it
is a low number 2000!

Leigh Brooks