Re: Shipping in the Hood

To: James Durkin <jdurkin1@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Shipping in the Hood
From: Gary Gerding <ggerding@tconl.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 08:30:58 -0600

James Durkin wrote:

> Hey there Hi there Ho there,
>
> DatsDurk in SD.  I'm trying to ship a hood to a fellow Roadster buff in MO.
>  UPS? Nope, too big.  Ditto for GreyHound.  Viking wanted the net worth of
> my Roadster and UPS Air wanted all that and my first born, also.
> Anyone know a good, inexpensive ground carrier to tenderly deliver a
> 4'x4'x8", 50 lb box?
>
> My spares are going fast(well, almost)
>
> jd
> 67.5 1600 (curb ornament at the time) :-<

  Hi JD,

I had two front fenders, two rear quarterpanels and a hood all sent
from California to Nebraska all in one huge box inexpensively.  The
trick is to know someone that works for a company that ships a
lot of large packages and has access to big discounts.  I was quoted
$350.00 from the same freight company that charged $77.00 to the
company that had an account with them.  It seems that the freight
companies don't want to deal with individuals, just big companies.

Gary Gerding, 1967 SPL311, Omaha, NE