Lotus Seven for sale (not by me)

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, USA@se7ens.net
Subject: Lotus Seven for sale (not by me)
From: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:09:11 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

Just received this email - have no knowledge of the
car other than what you see below. Please contact the
Seller directly. Will post photos on SimpleSevens if
he sends them to me.

Enjoy,
John D.
SimpleSevens.com

Tom Wimperis

twimperis@splasers.com

              769
East 9th Street

              Chico,
CA 959528

530-899-9380
1963 LOTUS 7
SERIES 2

     CHASSIS # SB 1759

This car been undergoing a 5 year rebuild. Frame
stripped, re-enforced and
painted, all new polished aluminum skins, new dash
panel, new interior
panels (black), roll bar, access panel on transmision
hump to reach speedo
drive and oil filler.  Front suspension has double
A-arms with adjustable
links, chrome plated. Rear suspension has Heim joint
on A frame instead of
bushing. Rear axle is from a Cortina with a steel
plate brace and a Detriot
locker. New wiring harness and new switches,
mechanical Smith's tachometer
with tattle tail.
Brakes are Discs at front (new calipers), drums at
rear (new cylinders), new
master cylinder, new steel brake lines with all
flexible lines being braided
stainless. Clutch line is also braided stainless.
Fuel cell + original steel tank, all braided stainless
fuel lines from tank
to carbs, Facet electronic fuel pump, fuel pressure
adjuster with fuel
pressure gauge.
Large high efficiency aluminum radiator + original
rad.
Engine is a 1700cc Brian Hart all steel Twin cam.
Original Formula B motor.
Large intake and exhaust valves, rally cams, Cosworth
billet steel crank,
Cosworth billet rods and Cosworth rod bolts. Steel
main caps. Head just
rebuilt by Crother Racing, $2000. Dry sump pump and
new two part dry sump
tank (polished aluminum). Braided stainless oil lines
to tank and filter.
Super starter, new high output alternator. Twin Weber
DCOE 45,s.  Engine
puts out approximately 175 hp and is safe to 9000 RPM.

Gearbox is a Lotus Elan close ratio.
Wheels are American Racing 7x13 with Yokahama 008R
205/50/13 tires with
little wear.
Wide rear fenders to cover wheels, wide cycle fenders
at front + wide
clamshell fenders.
New top and side curtains, new windshield.
The reason I am selling this car is that I am retiring
to Canada and the
house we are moving to has only room for 2 cars and
the 7 is #3. This car
needs a lot of the detail work to be finished. There
are new bolts for the
front suspension to be installed, the nose needs some
fiberglass work, one
of the front suspension arms needs to be replaced, the
rear of the car needs
the wiring installed, the rear fenders need some
cracks repaired, the front
fenders need to be finished. I will continue to work
on these projects as
time permits but if someone would like it as is the
price is $19,000. If I
end up completing the rebuild then the price will go
up accordingly.