Re: indeed [3.5" Herald wheels with wide slots wanted]

To: "Herald948@aol.com" <Herald948@aol.com>
Subject: Re: indeed [3.5" Herald wheels with wide slots wanted]
From: Steven Shipley <shiples@home.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:44:42 -0700
Andy,
  I sent Jim $50 and I've heard nothing from him for a month.
I suspect he's cashed the check and is quite proud of himself.

  So I still need these wheels. :-(

  I'm assuming that you found him on one of the mailing lists
so I'm letting you know that the thieves have gotten into the
act.  I've had no problems with giving full trust on the internet
and have felt very confident in dealing with people on these
lists.  Other than one bad experience out of over a 100 transactions
everyone has been a saint.

  I'd like to thank you for your efforts in my search for these
wheels.  I hate to report this but you should probably
notify those who might be using these lists about my experience.
Jim will probably be telling his associates about the great money
making opportunities on the internet and I've probably helped to
attract a few more petty criminals to our hobby...

Thanks again, really!
Steve Shipley
Seattle, WA.

James Gambony wrote:

> Steve,
>
> A check will be fine.
I'll send you a personal check for $50.00 tomorrow.

> I'm:
>
> Jim Gambony
> 3171 Briar Trails
> McKinney TX 75069
>
> I should be making a UPS run later this week.
>
> One question for you:  did/does the original Lotus 7 use the full Spitfire
> vertical link assy (brake, hub, etc)?
I don't have all this stuff memorized but it's all Herald/Spitfire
stuff with ?Anglia? steering arms if I recall.
For more detail here's the authoritative link....
http://www.gglotus.org/ggpart/sevenxref.htm

> Cheers,
>
> Jim
....and if you ever come accross the 5th wheel, I need one
for the spare tire carrier.

And give me an idea what your inventory is like.  I may not
be able to (stupidly) resist the urge to start building a
replacement chassis.  If you have the GT6 front end pieces
it would make a nice Super7++.

Thanks again,
Steve Shipley
7315 44th Avenue SW