Re: Seven S2 original Hubcaps?

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Seven S2 original Hubcaps?
From: Steven Shipley <shiples@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:26:03 -0800
john donohoe wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Can anyone confirm where the plain, domed hub caps for
> the early S2 Sevens came from? Preliminary research
> shows that they look like those from the MG TF, or
> MGA... My concern is that those are 15 inch, 5 lug
> Dunlop wheels, whereas the Seven's are 13 inch, 4 lug
> Dunlops. Anyone know if that hub cap fits both?

Check out
http://members.home.net/shiples/super7.htm

These hubcaps came from Moss Motors.  Way cool, eh?
Even have a little gold sticker on the back that
says "Made in Taiwan".  These are the "original"
wheels that came on my Seven which came with early
Spitfire hub caps.  So the MG fit the Triumph
wheel.  I believe these are identical to the
Standard 10 hubcap.  I've got some rusty originals
that I purchased from the UK.  The guy who sold
me the Standard 10 questioned me why I wanted 'em
as HE knew the MG hubcaps fit.  After buying
a bunch of Spitfire, Cortina, and TVR hubcaps
from all over the place, I eventually bought 'em
from Moss.  It's eeeeaaasy.

I've since bought three sets of Lotus hubcaps and
two sets of Europa wheels.  Other than some scratched
and dented Lotus hubcaps, those aren't too hard to
get either.

The only thing I've never found are the 3 1/2 inch
wide Triumph wheels.  Mine are 4 1/2.

Steve Shipley
Seattle, WA

///