Seven frame numbers

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Seven frame numbers
From: gene.carter@grassvalleygroup.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:00:20 -0700
John,

Just to add to the mix, my '62 Seven was chassis SB1539 and frame 1006.  My
'64 Seven is chassis SB1824 and frame B1641.  Along with the reply from
Mark, it's clear the frame and chassis numbers don't match on these cars.
So the car you're considering probably doesn't have the original chassis
plate.  In my mind, this lowers the value of the car.

Gene Carter

Mine is chassis #SB1878 and has Frame # B1682.  It's always been registered
in NY as a '63 but it may actually be a '64.
Mark Mellinger