Boost Control

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Boost Control
From: Cfgraf@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:08:16 EDT
I have been working on a Saab boost control system recently, and it occured
to me that it could be fitted to any car with a turbocharger.

This is a knock sensor connected to a black box, with a pressure sensor and
solenoid valve.  It reduces boost when knock is sensed.  It is a stand-alone
system, and is sometimes retrofitted to Volvos.

My Europa is not turbocharged (yet), but if anyone is interested, I could fax
the wiring and information from the manual.  The parts are very available in
wrecking yards.

Chuck
72 JPS