Source for hard to find gas caps

To: "chapman-era@autox.team.net" <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: Source for hard to find gas caps
From: Me <rodbean@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 10:59:44 -0800
I found an unlikely source (well, maybe not so unlikely) for the gas
caps on my '72 Lotus Europa TC.  It's:

Vintage Ford Parts
11318 Beach Blvd.
Stanton, California USA 90680
phone: (714) 894-5464

These caps are for who-knows-what old Ford (Vintage Ford Parts cover
1909-1956) but they look very similar to those used on my Lotus
Cortinas, except that they are chrome instead of being painted L-C green
and they fit the Europa perfectly.

I don't know if these people ship but they were very helpful when I
asked them to match a cap (the other had flown off on the freeway) from
a non-Ford (sort-of) source.

The reason I needed the cap today is that I've sold the Europa and it
will be delivered Monday.  The new owner would, understandably, like
both gas caps.

So, beginning Tuesday, my Elan enters the on-ramp to recovery.  Yes!!!

Rod