Formula One Announcing (NLC)

Subject: Formula One Announcing (NLC)
From: Dave Billings <dbilling@spry.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 10:25:19 -0700
What happened to Mike Joy on the Fox Sports Net broadcasts?  I thought
he and Derek Bell made a decent combination.

Charlie Jones, on the other hand, seems like the Harry Caray of
motorsports announcing, and not in a good way.

Charlie:  Shumacher is coming up on lapped traffic.  What effect will
that have on him?

Charlie:  There is gravel on the course after Hakkinen's spin.  What
effect will that have?

Charlie:  It's sunny.  What effect will that have on the drivers?

OK, so he didn't really ask that last question, but he might as well.
What a moron!

Anyway, just needed a place to vent.  I am hoping that this will be a
universally held opinion, and not start a flame-war.  Also, my apologies
to anyone on the list not "blessed" with this announcer on their local
F1 coverage.

Cheers,

Dave
Seattle