Re: Lotus Logo (No Esprit content)

To: "Andres Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph>
Subject: Re: Lotus Logo (No Esprit content)
From: Mike Causer <mikec@cam-ani.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 98 15:45:44 +0100
"Andres Sta. Maria" wrote on Tue, 23 Jun 1998 -

> You wrote:
>
> >I wonder when
> >the "Team Lotus" first appeared on the cars?   Around 1960?  That would be
> >close to the time that the badge changed, and the Twink was being designed,
> >so maybe the three things are connected?
> >
> I don't have the data on this, but will look at old photos.  But I didn't
> know the badge changed.  In what way?

The earliest badges had a font with an exagerated serif, then sometime around
1960 the font changed to a sans serif, very plain font, then in 1989 it
changed to the current one, which memory says is Palentino bold extended.  I can
remember having to digitise it out of the lettraset catalogue (doesn't
everyone?)
for the CTL Hethel event that year.

Curiously, the HLR shirt I was wearing yesterday uses the middle period badge,
not the earliest one ;-)

I've got a couple of genuine Lotus letters from about 1954, I'll see if the logo
is scannable.

Mike

  Mike Causer -- Support Manager -- Cambridge Animation Systems
  Email: MikeC@cam-ani.co.uk             Phone: +44 1223 578100
  Web: http://www.cam-ani.co.uk/           Fax: +44 1223 578101