Sound systems (*not* electronic!)

To: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Subject: Sound systems (*not* electronic!)
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 20:29:37 -0700
Mike Braun wrote:
>>The only stereo I'm interested in is those 4 strategically placed
>>cylinders under the hood. Ah sweet music! The car doesn't even have a
>>radio......

Rod replied:
>You know, come to think of it, the sound of a twin cam is unique and rather
>intertwined with the enjoyment I get from my Elan's pure performance.  My
>radio (some old original era type) doesn't work and I do have plans to fix
>it but it just keeps getting bumped to the bottom of the list.

Very much intertwined!   And the radio is pretty much redundant, eh?

I have _no_idea_ whether the radio in the '65 Elan I just bought works,
or not.  Ask me a year from now, and I still may not know!

Those four strategically placed air pumping chambers, along with that
nice megaphone loaded (Supertrapp) sound radiation system, make all the
music one could ever hope for.  Glorious!

I might need to get some ear plugs tho... been getting out of the car
with a grin on my face and a ring in my ears!

Erik  "But I'm missing that DCOE growl, because of the EFI"  Berg