Re[3]: Help - T/C electronic ignition

To: GDR1%AUBERRY%SAH@bangate.pge.com, cak@bangate.pge.com,
Subject: Re[3]: Help - T/C electronic ignition
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Thu, 21 May 98 15:48:17 PST
     Now that I think of it, the "for CD" Allison is (surprize, surprize)
     Model XR700CD!

     Rod

Subject: re:Re: Help - T/C electronic ignition
Author:  cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev) at CCGATE
Date:    5/21/98 2:50 PM

Crane makes a nice CD system - the HI-6. (They also make something
called the XR300, I think, which is not as full featured.) I
really like the HI-6 - multi-spark, rev limiter (set by two
rotary switches), CD level spark.

But it seems *really* stupid that Crane hasn't integrated the points
replacement into one of their spark boxes - they want
you to buy the XR700 and use it to trigger the other boxes. Ughly.

I plan, one of these days, to take a Pertronix Ignitor (points
replacement) and rig it to trigger my HI-6. For now, I trigger
it with points; does me OK since my rev limit is 6000.